What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your device when you visit certain parts of our website or click on our online advertisements.
Uses of Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies are required for the operation of our website by:
- allowing our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser have been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser.
- temporarily allowing you to carry information between pages of our Website to avoid having to re-enter that information.
- temporarily identifies your device after you have logged in to a secure page on our Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
Analytical/Performance Cookies are used to help us improve our website by tracking your visits to our website and recognising your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
Functionality Cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to:
- remember the choices you make (such as your user name, account details and region) so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to our website.
- personalize our website content for you.
Targeting/Advertising Cookies record your visit to our website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the website links you have followed. We use this information to:
- make our website more relevant to your interests based on your past visits to our website.
- tailor our online advertisements or offers on our or third party websites to those which are most likely to be of interest to you.
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising.
- cookies may be placed on your Device by us or by third parties on our behalf, for campaign purposes such as Google, MailChimp and Facebook.
For Fraud Prevention: We may also use the above mentioned cookies to assist us in fraud prevention. In cases of data breach, we will notify data protection authorities and affected individuals within seventy two (72) hours or within other time limits under the applicable laws.
First-Party Cookies are issued from our website that is being accessed. It serves to give memory to the site about data and preferences of the user.
Third-Party Cookies are set by a website other than our website. It collects certain information to carry out various researches into the behaviour or demographics of the user.
How to Accept or Reject Cookies
All loaded scripts but the strictly necessary ones are paused until the consent to the cookies has been confirmed via an opt-in box prior to the full opening of our website to the user. In this way, a “prior consent” can be obtained and be affirmed.
The cookies in the selection will be grouped according to categories that the user may check or uncheck. Necessary cookies will be whitelisted and will be fixed as they are necessary for the website to function properly. Cookie categories like preferential/functional and statistical/analytical which do not handle personal data, may be pre-checked and can be un-checked by the use as a choice. Marketing/Targeting/Advertising cookies which may track personal data on the other hand, must actively be opted into by the user for compliant or by default be unchecked.
If the user chooses to have the details shown, the pop-up banner will also include the above list containing all of the active cookies and online tracking being used as one of the selections to be ticked.
Rejecting cookies can also be a possible option and the user can still access the website. However, some of the features and functionality of the services may not work or be provided in the website especially if the cookie involved is of necessary information in nature.
The user will always have access to the website for their state of consent and can at any time renew their mind and choose to change setting, withdraw or delete information. To be able to withdraw, the user must have accepted first the cookies before blocking them.
Since consent was given through an opt-in box, users can return to the same through an opt-out box in the settings menu.
All given consents will be securely recorded and stored as documentation in case of control. They will be automatically collected through a secure connection and stored as strongly encrypted keys.
Every twelve (12) months from the noted first visit to the site, the user will be given an option to renew his state of consent or not through another pop-up banner.
At the user’s request, all personal data can be deleted if it’s no longer necessary to the purpose for which it was collected.
You can also do the adjustments to the cookies by adjusting your browser settings. To clear existing cookies previously placed on your browser, select the option to clear the browsing history.
Personal Data Officer
CEI Conrad Electronic International (HK) Ltd.
18/F, Nina Tower 2
8 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
Phone: +852 2559 2662 / Fax: +852 2961 6324