Our Commitment To Privacy
We, CEI Conrad Electronics International (HK) Limited, respect your privacy as you being our valued customer is important to us. To better protect and serve you, we are providing this notice to explain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the choices you can make about the way your personal data is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personal data may be requested.
Protecting your personal data and enabling you to choose how to deal with your personal data under applicable laws are our top priorities. We aim to be accountable, open and transparent in processing your personal data. We shall response and comply with your request in relation to your personal data in a professional and timely manner in accordance with the applicable laws.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all personal data collected by us or submitted by you on the DroneArt.com website or through other communications with you. On some pages, you can register with us, order products, and make requests to receive materials. The types of personal data collected include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit/Debit Card Information (only via Paypal & Strip)
- Company Name
- Other data to enable us to provide you with the services and functionalities chosen by you
We only collect adequate (but not excessive) personal data from you in relation to lawful purposes directly related to our functions or activities.
How We Utilize Personal Data
We use the personal data you provide:
* to complete an order you have placed for products that are available for sale through our website which will include but is not limited to processing and effecting of sales, orders, refunds, exchanges, shipment and after-sale services. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order;
* to communicate with you, to update you on the status of your order, request or enquiry, remain in contact and to provide ongoing personalized service to you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties;
* to register on our website if you would like to receive promotional items, the Drone Art Bulletin, as well as updates on our new products and services. If you so register or if you give your consent to us to use your personal data for direct marketing purpose, we will use your personal data, and other information you so register or consent for direct marketing of our products and services from time to time. Information you submit will not be used for this purpose unless you give prior consent to us;
* to perform research and statistical analysis in order for us to better learn about your shopping preferences and thereby help improve our products and services;
* to diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed improvement or optimization of related operation and performance of our services;
* to investigate complaints or suspicious transactions;
* to prevent or detect crime;
* to make disclosure as required by applicable laws and/or rules;
* to enable an actual or proposed assignee or transferee of our business or our rights in respect of your personal data to evaluate the transaction intended;
* for other purposes related or incidental to all or any of the above purposes.
Legal Basis And Reasons For us Processing Personal Data
The legal basis for us to process your personal data includes:-
- When you give consent to us for specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of yours or another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data; or
- Other legal basis allowed under applicable laws.
The reasons for us to collect your personal data include:-
- It is necessary for you to provide us with your personal data. Some of them are mandatory, which are basic information we need in order to serve you. Other information is optional and is to be provided on a voluntary basis.
- If you are unable or unwilling to provide us with complete and correct basic personal data, we may not provide or continue to provide to you our services.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of personal data, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect online.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain personal data at our website from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 18.
In cases of data breach, we will notify data protection authorities and affected individuals within 72 hours or within other time limits under the applicable laws.
Data Shared With 3rd Parties
We may transfer personal information to non-affiliated third parties, such as shipping companies (Parisi Logisitics HK and IFF USA) to fulfil orders and payment processing companies (Paypal & Stripe) for online payment on our behalf, and other external service providers (which includes but not limited to our agents, contractors, sub-contractors, telecommunication operators, mailing providers, direct sales agents, telemarketing providers, call centres, data processing providers, information technology providers), any other party under a duty of confidentiality to us and any actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our business or our rights in respect of your personal information. This is in pursuant to agreements that prohibit the third parties from using or disclosing the personal data other than for the purpose of processing and which impose security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
The collection and disclosure of personal data contemplated in this policy may involve a transfer of the data to jurisdictions located outside of your country of residence. In these cases, we will take steps to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected.
For purposes of protection, we ensure that all personal data will be appropriately handled in strict adherence to the relevant provisions of the applicable laws.
We will not collect, use, share or disclose to any third parties the personal data provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described in this Policy and without providing you also an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
How Long Data Will Be Stored
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We will keep your personal data only as long as the user’s account is active and it is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this policy or such longer period as may be required by the applicable laws.
Every twelve (12) months from the noted first visit to the site, the user will be given an option to renew his state of consent or not through another pop-up banner.
Changes In Our Policy
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data held by us:
- To check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- To access your personal data (the right to ask for a copy of your personal data held by us);
- To erase your personal data or to be forgotten (under certain circumstances, the right to request your personal be deleted, where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it);
- To rectify or correct your personal data (the right to update or correct any out-of-date, inaccurate or incorrect personal data);
- To object to the processing of your personal data (the right to opt out from allowing us to use your personal data for direct marketing, and the right to object to the processing of your personal data for a particular use, unless we have a legitimate interest that overrides yours);
- To restrict processing (under certain circumstances, to ask us to restrict processing your personal data, namely to store it but not use it);
- To data portability (the right to ask for your personal data to be transmitted to another company).
At any time, you can access, view, update and delete any or all of your personal information that we collect online and maintain by logging-in to the shop front-end with your username and password which you used during your first registration. We are using this procedure to better safeguard your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional and Drone Art Bulletin emails from us or of allowing us to use your personal data for direct marketing purpose by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as security alerts and notices related to your access or use of the website or those about your online account or ongoing business relations.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, however, may we remind that some of the features and functionality of the services may not work or be provided in the website as a result of lack of the information needed.
Personal Data Officer
CEI Conrad Electronic International (HK) Ltd.
18/F, Nina Tower 2
8 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
Phone: +852 2559 2662 / Fax: +852 2961 6324